Monday, January 4, 2010
Fun Facts About Colton:
- He weighs 19 pounds 15 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches long (which is the same measurement as last month so either the doctor measured wrong or we're measuring wrong.)
- He has 2 bottom teeth now!
- He's getting really good at sitting on his own (but we still need to be close just in case!)
- He reaches for toys with both hands now and will really reach far if there is something he wants but can't quite get.
- He will slap your hand over and over if you keep saying "fives".
- He likes to grunt and/or groan at his toys when he's playing.
- He still loves his bouncer and will often fall asleep in the bouncer because he's playing for so long!
- If you are letting him sit in your lap or holding him up to stand, he'll start to bounce like he's in his bouncer. If you say "go go go" he'll start to jump/bounce up and down.
- He loves Dakota ... especially when she licks his hands and his face!
- He's now had rice cereal, green beans, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, peaches, and applesauce. We haven't tried pears yet but that's the last thing we have to try in the Gerber 1st Foods.
- He gets mad if you eat in front of him!
- He sleeps for 8 hours at night, wakes up to be changed and fed, and then normally sleeps 2-3 more hours. Unfortunately, his wake up time is normally between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM so it's a little frustrating.
- He is wearing 9 month clothing but some of the outfits he's worn recently have been 12 months!
Such a cheeser!
Learning & Grooving
Reaching for his bath toys
Loves the handheld showerhead!
Played so much he fell asleep!
Colton's first Christmas get together was with his Grandma and Grandpa Brown. We normally have Christmas with Chad's parents after Grandma Brown's on Christmas Eve night but since Colton's bedtime is around 7:30 we knew that wouldn't work out so we decided to have it the weekend before Christmas. They spoiled him with lots and lots of toys! So many toys in fact that I had to go out and buy some storage totes to keep everything nice and neat! They also got him some new clothes and $100 to go into his savings!
He was really good at ripping the paper!
Sitting in his Bumbo opening presents!
This is one of his favorite toys now!
Our next Christmas was at Great Grandma Brown's house on Christmas Eve. There were a lot of people there but he did really well! It was really funny to see Colton at 4 months, Mara at 8 months, and Nevaeh at 1 year because they are all about the same size!
We had our Christmas on Christmas morning. Colton had on his 1st Christmas pajamas and looked adorable! He did really well opening up his presents and Chad and I had a really relaxing but fun Christmas morning!
So excited for presents!
He loves his Sunny Sunshine!
Colton's first laptop!
I can see the resemblance ... look at the two cheeseballs!
Around lunch time, we headed to Great Grandma Wiley's house. Colton got really fussy and we just didn't know what to do. Chad noticed that he had what looked like a tiny little hole in his gums ... figures the kid cuts his first tooth on a day you'd really love for him to be in a good mood! Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures from Great Grandma Wiley's because we spent most of the time hiding in the back room.
From there, we went to Nana & Dude's house (Grandma and Grandpa Garrett's house). He was still pretty fussy but managed to stay happy long enough for Aunt K to feed him some bananas and to open a few presents. Lil Dude fell asleep before he had opened all his presents so we went back over the day after. Nana and Dude got him lots of new clothes, a couple little toys and books, a Mickey Mouse CD that says his name during the songs, a wooden train set that spells out his name, and a Leap Frog Learn & Groove table.
Opening presents with Aunt K
First time being fed by a left-hander!
Sitting up on his own!
He's standing up all on his own!
Our last Christmas stop was this past weekend with my mom's side of the family. Colton got some Purdue gear, some really fun toys for teething and for his high chair, some cute little slippers, and some fun books with sounds! Looking back, we had a really great time and a wonderful first Christmas with our precious baby boy!