Friday, November 21, 2008

First Appointment & Other Fun Stuff

Chad and I took another pregnancy test last night just in case. It was still positive! When I called the doctor they said I could come in for confirmation or I could just schedule my 8-week checkup. I went ahead and scheduled that for Monday, December 22nd at 10:30. They will do a 8-week ultrasound and some other tests then I'll meet with Dr. Gomez at 11:00. Their office is at Clarian West which is only a 15 minute drive from our house! We're not sure what to expect for this first appointment (since this is our first child and all) but I'm pretty anxious. We called all the grandparents last night to give them the good news and gave the parents the go ahead to spread the word as well. So far I feel pretty good. No sickness really. I get kind of yucky feeling when I eat but it passes and the cramping I've had since Monday has stopped today. No cravings or anything like that ... well that's not entirely true. I have been wanting to eat a lot more cottage cheese than I normally would. Other than that we are just really excited! Thank you everyone for the kind words and for all the prayers. We really appreciate it! A few priceless Chad moments:
  • I went to grab a Reese's Peanut Butter cup and Chad said "Just because your pregnant doesn't mean you get to eat chocolate all the time." Right after that he followed up with some comment about how it wouldn't hurt for me to do some excercising as well.
  • Chad: "When are you going to start rubbing lotion on your belly to help with stretch marks?" Ok - I'm 4 weeks ... I think I have a little time.
  • Chad has been calling the baby "Brownie"
  • Yesterday he kissed me, then my belly good-bye before he went to work

1 comment:

Dustin & Emily said...

Congrats! (and yes, you can get away with eating whatever you like if you want to!) I'll be thinking about you and that little one.