Length: 33 1/4 in
He is such a blessing and we enjoy every day with him. He learns so quickly and changes so much each day. Here's some of his latest "tricks":
- Blows kisses (I have a video posted of that) and he also gives kisses! His two favorite gals right now are Aunt K and Miss Mara!
- He can use a fork all by himself
- Knows / signs:
- More (touches pointer fingers together)
- Please (rubs belly)
- Drink (puts his finger into his mouth and pulls it out making a popping noise)
- Talks talks talks ... he babbles on and on and has quite a list of words he can say and recognize. His list of words he can say are (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some):
- Daddy ... said dadeee
- Cat ... said daaaat
- Clock ... said clooooock
- Car ... said caaaar
- Fish ... said tish
- Nose ... said noooo
- No ... said nah
- Up (with the emphasis on the "p")
- Book ... said boook
- On / Off (usually when there's a light switch involved)
- Bye Bye (usually accompanied with a wave or blowing kisses)
- More ... said moooore
- Ball ... said ba or sometimes baaaall
- Pretty (he's said this a couple of times)
- I've heard him say his name a couple of times but I think that's a fluke
- Touchdown ... said tada
- Booms (knuckle knocks blowing up ... he'll say boom)
- Other words he knows but doesn't say yet:
- Ears (he'll flip his ears)
- Feet (touches his feet)
- Belly (points at his belly)
- Fluff your hair (he'll rub his hand on top of his head)
- Outside (he'll run to one of the doors)
- Sippy (he'll run to the refrigerator)
- Eat (he'll run to his high chair)
- Snack (he'll run to the pantry)
- Turtle (he can find all the turtles in the bath)
- Slide (he'll walk over to his play set to slide)
- Diaper (he'll get a diaper out for us now)
- Baskets (we use this to have him help pick up his toys since he likes to make baskets all the time)
- He's getting really good at walking fast / running
He knows "Ring around the rosey" ... he'll spin around in a circle while you sing and sometimes he'll fall down when he's supposed to
- He'll bring his shoes to you and lift his foot to put them on
- He loves to read! His favorite books right now are "Five Little Pumpkins", "That's Not My Dinosaur", and "Wiggle Your Toes"
- In the book "Five Little Pumpkins" it says "oooh went the wind and out went the lights ..." well I'll say "ooh went the wind and [pause]" Colton will say "out" when we get to that part ... it's so cute!
- He is really into climbing right now ... it's a little unnerving to see Colton standing on top of toys or trying to climb up onto speakers!
Sitting in a booster seat at Noble Roman's
His favorite thing to do ... play with cords!
Playing horn with a toilet paper roll!
Helping mommy do some yard work
Climbing on top of the hot tub
Love his smile!
Teaching Colton he can touch the pumpkin
Check out these skills!
That's right people ... I can use a fork now!
Dressing up like George Washington
Mommy and Colton
Picking out a book
Helping Daddy mow
His favorites ... Doug Dog, Lucy Bug, and his blankie
Playing ball with Aunt K
Getting so good at taking steps down
Colton goes November 5th for his 15 month check up. We've been warned it's a rough round of vaccines so we're not real excited ... but I'm sure he'll do just fine. Whenever they warn us to except something, Colton always does the opposite!