Tuesday, January 20, 2009

13 Week Checkup

Everything is looking good. The bloodwork from last time was all really good. I haven't gained any weight (which could be from being sick all the time!) and the baby's heartbeat is still going strong. The first time we went it was at 175 bpm and yesterday it was at 164 bpm. I saw Dr. Martin this time and I absolutely love her. She's got such a great personality. She explained everything to me and kept telling me what the different sounds were. Apparently Baby Brown doesn't like being listened to because the baby was on the move the whole time! Just like daddy ... can't ever sit still! She also told me not to believe the wives tale about the heartbeat being able to determine if it's a boy or a girl because it will continue to slow down. I asked her about some of the different symtpoms I was experiencing and she said they were all normal. I love being told I'm normal! I was given the go ahead to start prenatal yoga classes at Connection Pointe Christian Church so I'll probably start those this week or next. We go back on Wednesday, February 18th for our next checkup. They will also do an ultrasound to check for any abnormalities on the spine, etc and hopefully if Baby Brown cooperates we'll be able to find out if we are having a boy or girl! I am so excited for that! Then I can do what I do best and shop and decorate! I keep teasing Chad that we are having a girl (he really wants a boy!) so keep your fingers crossed that the baby keeps it's legs uncrossed!

4 comments:

The Mobleys said...

so exciting! I'm very excited for you and glad to see things are going smoothly. :) I'm sure February 18th won't come soon enough...I know it can't come soon enough for me because that's the day I'm due. Enjoy the next few weeks. :)

Anonymous said...

Great news. Thanks for sharing! I knew all along that you were "normal". LOL Keep up the good work. If you need anything in the meantime please let me know. You go girl! You are doing great! Good luck! Love ~Sarah

Mindy and Jeremy Cull said...

that is awesome that you love your Dr. and that she makes you feel comfortable!

i can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl!!!

nicole green said...

i can't wait to hear!