Thursday, March 19, 2009

21 Week Checkup

Everything still looks good! Colton's heartbeat is still really strong and the doctor even pointed out about how difficult it was to get an accurate reading because he kept moving around. I informed Dr. Gomez that he is like that all day. Fortunately he's pretty still at night so when I am able to sleep, it is pretty peaceful. Chad didn't want to go back with me for my checkup but after I explained to him that he'll get to hear the heartbeat, he was excited. He loves to hear the heartbeat. Probably because it's the only way (besides the random kicks he can feel) to get a connection to Colton. Speaking of kicking, last night Chad got to feel some pretty strong ones (thanks to the salsa I just had to have!) Then right after that, I got a kick so strong I actually jumped a little. Well that and he kicked my bladder and I had to run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to wet myself! That's kind of our running joke. Everything I seem to do (sit up, sneeze, cross my legs, get strong kicks, etc.) I feel like I'm going to pee myself! Oh the joys! Anyways, back to the checkup. I'm also doing really good on my weight (which I am obsessed about). I've gained 10 pounds so far. So for being halfway there and halfway on the desired weight gain, I feel pretty good. We go back on Wednesday, April 15th for another standard checkup and then our next appointment after that (probably around May 11th) I'll have to do the glucose test. We've been tracking the pregnancy by big events we have coming up. For example, we'll be 6 months for January's Baby Shower, 7 months for Mark and Amy's wedding, 8 months for my first baby shower, 9 months for my cousin Brent's wedding and the full 40 weeks for my father-in-law's birthday (my due date is Cecil's birthday). I sure hope I'm up for everything. We've got a really busy summer which is great because we are so anxious for Colton and I'm hoping it helps time go quicker!

No comments: