Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Daddy finally felt Colton kick!

So last night after a delicious spaghetti supper (thanks Chad for all that you do!) we sat down to watch 24 on the DVR. I told Chad that Colton was really moving around so he must like spaghetti too. I was feeling some pretty good kicks on my belly so I told Chad to see if he could feel. Sure enough, Colton kicked Daddy's hand. I got a little misty-eyed about it because Chad's been wanting to feel him kick for awhile now. Colton is very very active. He really moves around in the morning and whenever I am hungry. It wasn't his strongest kick but at least Chad got to feel. I felt my first solid kick with my hand on my belly (not those little internal kicks that only I can feel) on Monday. I had called Chad to tell him and he wanted me to leave work early so he could feel. I told him that wasn't really reasonable. The doctor told us at our last appointment that it would be a month or so before Chad could feel anything but with Colton's big feet, I knew it would be sooner than that. I'm looking forward to this weekend though so that Chad can feel him in the morning! Just a couple other little updates, late last week I was having some pretty bad cramps. I called the doctor and they said they thought it was just round ligament pain and to take it easy. Then that night I got my first leg cramp. Man that hurt! My calf was sore for 3 days after that. I tried to wake Chad up by punching him in the back and beating my hand on the headboard but he never woke up. Must be nice to be able to sleep through anything! I'm feeling better now though. Since the doctor told me to take it easy I thought I would paint the nursery ... whoops ... anyways, we have the nursery painted and the furniture is sitting in boxes up stairs in our bonus room. Our goal this weekend is to put up the chair rail in Colton's room and get the furniture put together. Our good friends (and neighbors) Joe and Krista have volunteered to help us so we are so grateful for them! I'll post pictures this weekend!

No comments: