Tuesday, April 14, 2009

25 Week Checkup

So I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days and I've been having these "spells" when I feel really bad and then get really freaked out almost like a panic attack. I also feel this discomfort sometimes (kind of like Colton is rolling) and then my chest tightens, my throat closes up, and my face gets real flushed. I was concerned so I called the doctor (cause hey I pay them enough already right?) and they said to come in today for my checkup and to go over what I've been going through. I talked to Dr. Castillo and she thinks that it could be panick attacks or it may just be constipation. Yay! She explained to me about how everything is all scrunched up now because the baby is pushing everything up. She gave me a stool softener and I am supposed to see her in a week to see if this helps at all. I don't think she's right but she did say that if you get hemorrhoids early in your pregnancy then it can really be a difficult situation. It's more common when you are closer to being term or during labor. I told her I'd try this but I still think it's something else. She did notice that while I was there I got real flushed all of a sudden and I told her I was having some cramping pain along with having a "hot flash" and that my hands were really sweating. She wasn't quite sure what was going on. So we'll revisit this next week I guess. Sorry if that was too much information but it's what happened at the visit. As for the standard checkup, everything was good. I'm measuring at 25 cm which is perfect (25 weeks equals 25 centimeters). The heartbeat was strong at 147 bmp but she did say (just like all the other doctors) that he doesn't stay still long enough to get an accurate reading. Colton is always kicking (and kicking strong) so as long as they can tell there is a heartbeat then my mind is at ease. The only bad thing about the visit (other than the discomfort and having to come in early) was that I gained more weight than desired this month (so I'm a little bummed about that) but as long as Colton's healthy then I guess one bad month is okay. I'm going to blame the weight gain on all the good food from Easter! So I'll update you next week on what the doctor says. I'm sure she's trying to rule out the normal stuff but I still feel like it's something other than being stopped up.

No comments: