Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baby Shower, Bed Rest, and Back to Work!

First of all, I wanted to thank Kelly and my mom for an awesome baby shower on June 13th! It was perfect. The theme was "King of the Jungle" and they decorated with big bold colors! I loved it! We got lots of presents for Colton and it was great seeing my friends and family. Thanks again Mom and Kelly and to everyone else who was able to attend!
Secondly, I've been on bed rest this past week because of my swelling but I have to say that it has helped out soooo much! I feel so much better and was cleared to go back to work on Monday. The swelling in my feet is much better, but I'm still having trouble with my hands and my face is still pretty puffy. This heat is just horrible on me! And lastly, we had our 34 week checkup on Thursday and everything looked good. I had my Group B Strep test, had my swelling checked, had my first internal exam (not a fan!) and got to hear Colton's heartbeat which was up a little bit from the doctor pushing on me to see if she could tell what position he was in! Dr. Martin thinks he's head down but couldn't tell for sure from the internal exam. If we can't tell at our next appointment, then they'll do an ultrasound to see. I lost weight these past two weeks but since my protein levels were fine and my eating habits haven't changed any, Dr. Martin wasn't too concerned about it. I'm right on track with my weight gain which is something I've been concerned about this whole pregnancy. We talked about work and Dr. Martin recommended that I only work a few more weeks. Tentatively, my leave should begin on Monday, July 13th. That's about it. We've got the room all ready and we're stocked up on all kinds of goodies for Colton. All we need to do now is practice putting the car seat into the car, pack our hospital bags, and be patient! Our next appointment (36 weeks) is Thursday, July 2nd. I hope time goes by fast because I'm ready for him to get here!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I HATED those internal exams. And they just keep coming from this point forward!

nicole green said...

so excited for you guys! :) he'll be here soon!!