Friday, June 5, 2009

Busy ... busy ... busy!

So this week has been crazy! We've signed up for daycare at GracePointe church (thanks Lisa for the recommendation ... we loved it there!), we had our 32 week checkup, we've narrowed down our pediatrician choice (but still need to make a call to schedule a consultation), and we attended a newborn basics class. Whew! I'm tired!

Our checkup went well. We're measuring at 33 weeks instead of 32 weeks but that is normal. The heartbeat was a solid 147 bmp (I think last time they were telling us my heartbeat instead of his). My weight is pretty good and I'm still "all baby". I'm supposed to watch my salt intake, keep drinking lots of water, and quit carrying such a heavy purse ... whoops!

Colton is still breech so we've started to discuss our options there. We're going to do an ultrasound at 36 weeks to check his position and if he's still breech, then we'll schedule a C-section for 39 weeks but there's still plenty of time for him to move around. Dr. Castillo told us that just a few weeks ago she had a woman in labor and the baby was in the perfect position but during one of the contractions the baby did a 180 and moved to feet first. So you just never know.

Our next appointment is Thursday, June 18th. Just the usual: weight, blood pressure, measurements ... but we'll do our Group B Strep test then as well.

I've turned in my tentative maternity leave schedule (what can I say I'm a planner). Our contract with the daycare isn't until mid-September so I'll probably have to use my maternity leave plus vacation time to get me to that point. We'll see though ... some things just can't be planned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news about finding a daycare provider. I am sure that has been nerve racking. I am so happy for the both of you. I cannot wait to see Colton. If you need anything at all please call on me. Love you! ~Sarah Robinson

Jessi and Eric said...

Your in the home stretch Mama! Hang in and sleep as much as possible because he will be here sooner than you know it!