Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I'm getting pretty anxious/excited/nervous about Saturday. I'm trying to stay busy to pass the time but there's only so much a 40+ week pregnant woman can do. Chad is taking Friday off so that we can hang out together and I'm going to go get my haircut Friday night. I gotta look good for my little guy! Then Saturday we're going to get the house cleaned up and have one last dinner together before our family becomes us plus 1! So pray that there's a room for us on Saturday (otherwise we have to reschedule) and keep us in your thoughts as we begin the induction process! I know it will all work out but the unknown is always a little scary! If I don't do an update before Saturday, then the next time we update you'll get to see pictures of our little man! Wish us luck!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

40 Weeks ... No Baby Yet!

Alright ... so there is no change from last week ... we're still 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Dr. Williams says my cervix just isn't doing anything ... so what does that mean? Well it means that we are scheduled to go into the hospital Saturday night around 8:00 PM for some baseline testing to make sure he's healthy. After the tests, we'll start Cervadil and prostaglandins to get my cervix going. They'll give me a sleeping pill to get through the night and then Sunday morning around 5:30 AM we'll start the pitocin. So hopefully we'll have little Colton by Sunday, August 2nd!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Still no baby - Part 2 :(

I have accepted the fact that this baby is not going to come on his own. I'm ready for them to talk to me about an induction or possibly a C-section (since this baby is so big!) but I still have until Tuesday when we meet with the doctor again. These past few days have been so hard waiting but if Colton needs a few extra days, then so be it. My contractions have completely stopped and I do feel better knowing that Chad will be home with me over the weekend instead of 45 minutes away at work. He's been a wreck too waiting at work for me to call him to tell him it's time so now we can both sit at home and be anxious together! I'll let everyone know what the doctor says Tuesday or update sooner than that if Colton decides to join us this weekend.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

39 Weeks ... Almost There!

I'm now 2 cms dilated and 50% effaced. I've been having contractions every hour to hour and a half but they aren't increasing in pain too much. We're still measuring at 40 cms and running out of room! Dr. Williams agreed with us! We were told that we are having a larger than normal baby so a C-section could still be an option if our labor doesn't progess easily. Everything else looked good and we're scheduled to go back next Tuesday (unless Colton comes before then!)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Still no baby :(

But that's ok ... we go Tuesday for our next checkup so hopefully they'll say we're still progressing well! He'll come when he's good and ready!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It won't be long!

I've been pretty yucky feeling since this weekend. Super dizzy, diarrhea, naseau ... just yucky! But I am on leave now so I am taking it easy and my swelling has gone down dramatically! We had a dr. appointment this morning and we're measuring at 40 cm (which equals 40 weeks) but we're only 38 weeks. Dr. Castillo said that they will induce me by my actual due date (July 28th) if we haven't had this baby by then. She thinks if we wait any longer it'll just be too uncomfortable for me. She didn't say that he's going to be heavy but that he's really long. Go figure ... what do you expect when your husband is 6'8"!! We are dilated to 1 cm and she doesn't think it'll be much longer and honestly I don't think it'll be much longer either. Hopefully we'll get this fence project done before Colton arrives. Chad better hurry cause I want Colton here now!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

37 weeks down ... 3 to go!

I went to the doctor today instead of tomorrow because Colton really hasn't been moving much today and I was getting a little worried (especially because yesterday he was moving so much it was hurting). When I got there my blood pressure was high so I had to lie on my left side for 20 minutes so they could retake it. Luckily it had gone down so they moved on to the exam. They said Colton is just running out of room so he'll slow down ... which I understand ... but he had room yesterday to wiggle. Dr. Gomez said I'm going to have a big baby (after he measured my abdomen) so we are measuring big again. Colton's heart rate was good and when Dr. Gomez poked on him it picked up which is a good sign. They still couldn't tell me for sure that he's head down and it's getting kind of frustrating. I'm pretty frustrated with the doctor's office in general because they never seem to know what's going on and every doctor tells you something different. Oh well just a few more weeks right?? I'll go back next Wednesday and they'll check my cervix to see if anything is going on yet. I start my maternity leave on Monday and I'm pretty excited for that. Now I'll finally be able to follow the doctor's advice and lay on my side to help with my circulation and swelling.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

36 Weeks

Just a quick update ... the doctor visit went well. We are measuring at 36 cm (which is perfect - 1 cm for every week) and they are pretty sure he's head down. She said the cramping is a good sign because it means we're moving in the right direction. She went over things to watch for and when to know when to head into the hospital so it's all starting to line up! Our bags are packed so we are ready whenever Colton is. Now we just need to practice putting the car seats in! We go back next Thursday and we're now onto the visits every week. I was told that I could probably work one more week but that if I start to get dizzy or light headed then I'm going to have to call it quits. On a side note ... Chad has started nesting and is planning on putting in a fence next weekend!